After having such a fun time strawberry picking, I couldn’t get the idea of a refreshing strawberry daiquiri out of my head. It seemed the perfect way to make use of some of my berries, so I set about creating my own version of the classic summer cocktail. I’ve always loved the combination of strawberry and elderflower, and I have to say, they’re pretty delicious flavours in a cocktail!
What’s your favourite summer cocktail? Do please let me know if you try this recipe!
- 8 large strawberries (or equivalent)
- 3 fl oz white rum
- 2 tablespoons St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Place ingredients (apart from mint leaves) into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Sieve the mixture into a jug.
- Half fill two cocktail glasses with crushed ice and pour the liquid over top.
- Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!