A little while ago, I was sent a package filled with Kokoa Collection hot chocolate tablets. Kokoa Collection source only the best cocoa beans from the best cocoa growing regions around the world, and the quality of chocolate is exceedingly good. I’m definitely something of a hot chocolate fiend (it’s hard not to be when you grow up in Switzerland), but even I haven’t been able to cope with too many hot drinks in this weather. What I have been drinking a lot at the moment is virtually anything with ice in it. Ice tea, water, coffee – it’s all good. Ever since getting these hot chocolate samples, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about iced mocha, so I decided to come up with my own recipe.
This is a super treat to enjoy mid-afternoon in your garden, with a few chocolate coated espresso beans alongside.
- 4 tablets of Kokoa Collection White, Ivory Coast chocolate
- 1 cup of strong, hot black coffee
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- A few drops of almond essence
- Pour ¼ cup of freshly made, very hot coffee over the 4 tablets of white chocolate in a jug.
- Stir briskly until the chocolate has melted.
- Once you have a smooth paste, add a few drops of almond essence, the two milks and the rest of the hot coffee. Whisk all together and allow to cool in the fridge.
- When the mixture has cooled, serve it in glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
What’s your favourite summer drink?
Disclosure: I was sent this hot chocolate collection, but I wouldn’t have written about it if I didn’t enjoy it!