These days, when it comes to cooking my philosophy is the simpler the better! When I’m preparing a packed lunch to bring into work, or pulling together something quickly to eat at home, my ideal recipes take about 10 minutes from start to finish. This salad is one such recipe, and to make it a more filling lunch (and add some extra protein) I like to serve it with a fried egg on top. It’s also delicious as a light starter though (just omit the quinoa and egg). Find the recipe below – enjoy!
- 1 avocado
- ½ red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ red chili (membrane and seeds scraped out)
- about 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 heaped tablespoons cooked quinoa (I use the pre-cooked quinoa which is a real life-saver)
- 2 eggs, fried (optional)
- Dice all the raw ingredients and place in a bowl.
- Add the quinoa and stir to combine.
- If desired, fry the eggs and serve on top of the plated salad.
What’s your favourite effortless lunch?